drop kerb installation in Bristol

If you would like to have a dropped kerb installed we would suggest that you start with a site visit, we will be able to give you FREE advice on the viability and we will provide you with a written quotation to undertake the work.

If you would like a free estimate without the site visit, please use this form . We will provide your with an estimated cost within 24 hours.

Once you have decided that you would like the dropped kerb installation the following will happen:


  1. NRSWA AccreditedSections 1,4 and the sketch plan of the ‘Householder Development Planning Questionnaire’ HDPQ planning form must be completed.
  2. Unpon receiving written confirmation from Planning Services you can proceed with a dropped kerb application.
  3. Upon receipt of the application a Council Highway Inspector will undertake a site visit to determine if your application is suitable.
  4. The Council will contact local utility companies to find out if there are any utilities apparatus which will be affected by the work.
  5. If your application is successful you will need to arrange the work with a NRSWA accredited contractor (such as ourselves) who will do the work at your cost.
  6. Advise the Council of your contractor’s details.

Don’t worry if this sounds daunting, we’re more than happy to help you with the paperwork and help you to submit any necessary drawing to the County Council’s planning Office.

*Please be aware that any fees payable to the council will NOT be refunded.


Please also be aware of the following:

    1. Vehicle access crossings constructed onto a classified A, B or C road require prior planning permission.
    2. In some circumstances planning permission is required even if the access is to be onto an unclassified road, (e.g. if you intend to carry out excavation works, live in a listed building/conservation area or where permitted development rights have been removed under an earlier planning permission). On receipt of your completed application form we will make these enquiries on your behalf to the planning office.
    3. We also need to know if your access will cross any public land and if this is the case you will need to ask the landowners permission.
    4. If you are a Council/Housing Association tenant please first obtain the consent of the landlord before applying and enclose their written agreement with the return of the application form.
    5. If you’re constructing a new off-road parking area this will need to be undertaken prior to the drop kerb installation. If you don’t have an existing driveway you probably will need to obtain planning permission.

If you would like further advise or a FREE Quotation please email:
sales@droppedkerbs.co.uk or use the quick price form to get an online estimate within 24 hours.